Good oral health is so important. Not only does it mean that you can enjoy eating and speaking without difficulty or embarrassment – good oral health is also connected to good overall health. At Prairie Star Dental, our primary goal is for each of our patients to enjoy good oral health, and that means visiting our Round Rock, TX, office regularly for exams, cleanings and X-rays.
What You Can Expect During Your Visit
Dr. Rawcliffe and our staff of trained dental professionals go out of their way to make each patient feel as comfortable as possible during their routine visits. Although exact procedures may vary somewhat depending on the health of your teeth and gums, most patients can expect the following during a routine visit:
- Dr. Rawcliffe and/or the dental hygienist will perform a thorough visual examination of teeth and gums, looking for any signs of tooth decay or gum disease, as well as the condition of all existing dental work
- Dr. Rawcliffe will perform an oral cancer screening whenever necessary
- As part of providing high quality periodontal care, your hygienist may measure the depth of gum pockets around your teeth to assess the health of your gums
- X-rays will be taken when they are needed
- Your hygienist will thoroughly clean and polish your teeth
Why These Visits Are So Important
Most of us know that it’s important to brush and floss every day at home. But it takes more than that to ensure your good oral health. No matter how hard you work at it, you’ll never be able to remove all the plaque and tartar that build up on your teeth over time. Only a trained dental professional using tools specifically designed for that purpose can accomplish that. If plaque and tartar is not removed on a regular basis, cavities and gum disease can form. In fact, you may have the beginning stages of gum disease without even knowing it, and the same holds true for oral cancer. That’s why we encourage every patient to visit our office on a regular basis, and why we include oral cancer screenings and periodontal care during your visits.
Contact Us Today
To schedule your appointment for an exam, cleaning, and X-rays, contact our Round Rock, TX, office today.